Be a Friend to Your Dog
The educational resource promotes responsible pet ownership by developing skills in basic pet care and dog health. Topics such as zoonosis, where animal health can affect human health, are also explored.
The Be a Friend to Your Dog activities are an engaging way for students to develop:
- Empathy for dogs and their feelings
- An understanding of the needs and behaviours of dogs
- Safe personal behaviours around dogs
- Knowledge of the relationship between dog and human health
- Awareness of dog management programs
- An understanding of owner responsibilities that contribute to the wellbeing of dogs
The activities in Be a Friend to Your Dog have been developed in close partnership with remote Indigenous communities and are also aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
ROYAL CANIN® is proud to support AMRRIC’s work with remote Indigenous communities and schools to develop quality, educational resources. These resources support AMRRIC’s veterinary program and are integral to improving dog health and welfare. These programs also benefit the health and wellbeing of the whole community.
For more information about the wonderful work being done by AMRRIC, visit the AMRRIC website.