Finance Business Partner – Melbourne
Royal Canin Australia New Zealand, a division of Mars Incorporated, is a worldwide leader in the super premium pet food industry, and here in Australia we are delivering outstanding year on year growth.
Our business is one where our principles are everything. We are passionate about Cats and Dogs, and we are dedicated to providing the highest quality nutritional solutions that contribute to their health and well-being. We are an organisation of extraordinary people who each make a difference, and have a vacancy for one more.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to be the Financial Co-Pilot for Sales, Marketing and the SLT, establishing a partnership to build, guide, and monitor the performances of the Channels, Categories, Customers, and Promotional Strategies.
- Generate, issue, and continually improve periodic reports to Department Heads and General Manager to track and understand the periodic business result, the YTD tracking against Plan, and impact to the Year End Estimate on business KPIs.
- Generate the RC Pacific periodic and quarterly commentary for the CFO to review and submit, which includes liaising with pillar heads to ensure quality commentary is received from them on time to support this.
- Generate & issue periodic reports, and other reporting as required, to the Regional CFO’s team.
- Create the time and the reporting to help the business understand where it makes money (scorecard), and play an important role in lifting the financial acumen of the whole business.
- Be an important part of the demand forecasting process (S&OP+) within the business, connecting sales with supply, determining the impact to the P&L, and helping to shape conversations to generate future demand.
- Develop scenario modelling to support the Sales teams with their customers by generating P&Ls to look at changes to trading terms, pricing, distribution, etc.
- Budgeting/forecasting: 30%
- Ad-hoc projects & analysis 30%
- Periodic reports and analysis: 30%
- Collaborate on operating efficiencies 10%
Key skills and experience
- Cost accounting and Budget management.
- Business Planning and Business acumen.
- Basic U.S. GAAP, local GAAP/Tax knowledge, with a demonstrated ability to interpret Financial Standards.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Intermediate PowerPoint skills.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Finance & Accounting.
- Time spent in an FP&A position &/or in an FMCG company would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated examples of success in cross-functional teams, and major projects would also be highly regarded.
- Accounting / Commerce degree.
- CPA or CA post-graduate certification.
If you are also a team player with a positive, 'can-do' attitude, who thrives on challenges and a fast paced environment, you will fit well with our culture. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a well-respected global business.
We offer a competitive salary package, fantastic career opportunities in this multi-national FMCG business leader, and an environment where pets really are our best friends, with dogs in the office and complimentary nutrition for associates' pets.
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th September. Please apply by clicking here.